For those of you who’s interest in the Anti-Psychiatry / Psych Reform / Mental Health Abolition movement has been piqued by my previous post, here is a list of relevant books that I am currently making my way through. Some of them I have read and some I am just now getting around to.
- Insanity: The Idea and Its Consequences (Thomas Szasz)
- Toxic Psychiatry (Peter Breggin)
- Your Drug May Be Your Problem (Peter Breggin & David Cohen)
- Medication Madness (Peter Breggin)
- Guilt, Shame, and Anxiety (Peter Breggin)
- Unhinged (Daniel Carlat)
- Mad in America (Robert Whitaker)
- Anatomy of an Epidemic (Robert Whitaker)
- Psychiatry Under the Influence (Robert Whitaker)
- The Emperor’s New Drugs (Irving Kirsch)
- Saving Normal (Allen Frances)
- The Book of Woe (Gary Greenberg)
- Crazy Like Us (Ethan Watters)
- A Mind of Your Own (Kelly Brogran & Kristin Loberg)
Those should get you started!